Description & Highlights
EdgeStar Server Cool 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner - Open Box
The new EdgeStar Server Cool portable air conditioner has been designed from the ground up for maximum cooling performance in a light commercial environment, great for small server rooms! This AP14009COM portable air conditioner is EdgeStar's most powerful model and is specifically designed for light commercial use like small server rooms, computer rooms, and other business and office environments.
Special features that make this unit perfect for light commercial and server room use include:
Powerful cooling- this portable air conditioner features 14,000 BTU of cooling power. This is perfect for supplemental cooling in most smaller server rooms- or up to 525 square feet of cooling power in non-server room environments. Additionally, this unit features "Cool Boost" technology that utilizes both air and condensate water cool the compressor. This Cool Boost tech provides additional cooling over air conditioners that only use air to cool their compressors.
Continuous operation with no water bucket to empty- this portable air conditioner can run continuously in most conditions without emptying any condensate water. So there is no need to worry about this unit shutting off due to water accumulation. In rare high humidity situations, you can run this air conditioner with a direct drain, again without fear of losing cooling power due to water accumulation.
Auto-restart in case of power failure- many air conditioners do not restart after power has been interrupted- not the EdgeStar AP14009COM portable air conditioner. Its control board "remembers" its previous settings, so if there is a temporary power outage, cooling resumes once power is restored!
Multiple exhaust options- included in the box is a window vent kit and dual hoses. However, this portable air conditioner can be easily adapted to a through-the-wall installation, or pair it with an optional ceiling vent kit. Plus, though this unit ships with dual hoses (for faster, more efficient cooling without creating negative air pressure), it can convert to a single hose unit (which offers simpler installation). The venting choice is yours.
Superior reliability- this portable air conditioner was specifically designed for light commercial use. From a heavy-duty compressor to more copper in the refrigerant lines, allowing refrigerant to be run through at higher pressures, this machine is built to last and last in rigorous environments
Industry-leading "Rapid Replacement" light commercial warranty for peace of mind- this portable air conditioner ships with a solid one year parts and labor warranty with Rapid Replacement. If your unit fails, call EdgeStar's warranty claims center. Once a technician diagnoses your air conditioner as defective, you get a free replacement unit sent out immediately. There is no need to wait for an on-site inspection or for you to send the defective unit back first. Rest assured that the AP14009COM was suited for light commercial use and is backed by a solid warranty.
In short, you could pay $3000+ for a commercial portable air conditioner or $10,000+ for a dedicated roof-mounted air conditioner for your small server room or other commercial application, or you can use the EdgeStar Server Cool 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner for 1/10 the cost. Even if you use it for a home or non-commercial use, you can rest assured that you are getting the highest power, quality, and reliability in a portable room air conditioner.
Portable Air Conditioner Product Rating*:
* This portable air conditioner has achieved our 4.5 star product rating based on independent testing of its BTU class cooling capacity, durability, and quality of components.
** In high humidity environments there may be some water accumulation. This unit is equipped with a direct drain option for continuous use in this type of environment.
*** All portable air conditioners require that the exhaust hose be vented outside of the room you are trying to cool.
- Height: 32.7"
- Width: 20.1"
- Depth: 16.75"
Specifications & Manuals
- Model: AP14009COMDirect drain option that allows you to run the unit 365 days a year without any chance of shut-off due to water accumulation
- Brand: EdgeStar24 hour programmable timer
- 100-525 sq. ft. ideal room size (depends on heat load)Washable pre filter and one replaceable carbon filter included
- Patented Auto-Drain System - exhausts most or all condensate automatically except under extreme humidity situationsEasy grip handles and casters for mobility
- Fully functional remote controlQuiet Operation: Maximum noise level: <60dB
- Thermostat can be programmed to temperatures from 61°F - 89°F and be displayed in either Fahrenheit or CelsiusWindow kit (38 inch max) with extendable exhaust hose up to 49" included
- 3 speed fan with directional air discharge louversSingle/dual hose convertible- use either single hose for a more convenient set-up, or dual hose for more efficient cooling
- Dehumidifier function - up to 70 pints per day dehumidificationWeight: 77 pounds
- 90 day labor & 1 year parts nbsp;Dimensions: 32.7"h x 20.1"w x 16.75"d
- Auto-restart function- if power is lost, the unit resumes cooling when power is restoredEnergy Requirements: 115 Volts/60 Hz; 10.8 Amps; 1250 Watts