Energy Efficiency Tips View Models >>
Energy Efficiency Tips
- Shade your room air conditioner from direct sun. This will reduce its workload. Clean the filters monthly and replace as necessary to save energy and reduce dust and pollen in the air. Lower the setting when you go out to reduce operating cost.
- Vacuum air vents, baseboard heaters and radiators regularly to remove dust that reduces heating efficiency. Move furniture, carpet or curtains that restrict their operation. If your baseboard heaters have movable deflectors or vents, open them in the winter and close them in the summer.
- Schedule annual tune-ups for your heat pump, furnace or boiler. Check to see if your utility company provides this service.
- Hire a professional to seal and insulate leaky ducts, and to ensure that the airflow distribution system serving your heating or cooling equipment is operating at peak efficiency.
- Check your attic, attic stairway, attached garage walls and basement to ensure that you have proper insulation between conditioned and unconditioned spaces.
- Open your foundation vents each spring if your home has a crawl space under it. Close the vents in the winter.
- Prune back shrubs that may block airflow to your air conditioner or heat pump.
- Consider installing ceiling fans. The air circulation promotes cooling in the summer and heating efficiency in the winter.
More information on saving energy:
To see our full selection of home air products, please click here
If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us an email at customerservice@CompactAppliance.com or call us at 1.800.297.6076