Description & Highlights
DCS 15" Built-In Ice Maker - 35lb. Capacity
The DCS by Fisher & Paykel 15" Ice Maker (RF15I) is going to remove a lot of worry and running-around when it comes to outdoor living and entertainment. This outdoor ice maker provides a seemingly limitless supply of ice on tap for any occasion - up to 35 pounds of clear ice a day. Its brushed stainless steel finish and built-in application adds a level of sophistication to any space.
The DCS ice maker is unique in forming ice, using fractional freezing to form a slab of ice that is clear and has less mineral content than the water it is produced from. This is accomplished by running water over the cold evaporator plate which gradually freezes the water to produce the ice slab. Mineral deposits are left in the reservoir, and not contained in the cube itself. When the ice slab reaches the correct thickness determined by the temperature of the evaporator plate, the electronic control switches to the harvest cycle to harvest the ice.
During the harvest cycle, the ice slab falls from the evaporator to the ice grid cutter. Here, the ice slab is cut into 3/4" squares by the grid cutter's heated wires. During the harvest cycle, the drain valve will remain open for 45 seconds to drain the reservoir of remaining deposits and Presto! - just like that, you and your guests are enjoying ice-cold lemonades and daiquiris without ever having to trek back and forth from the house.
NOTE: The DCS drain pump (RF15I) is required to run this unit, and it is not included with the ice maker
Completely Automatic Operation:Ice production will continue until the ice maker's bin is full and will restart automatically when ice needs to be replenished
Durable and Sturdy Construction:Brushed stainless steel exterior with leveling legs
- Necessary Accessory: The DCS Drain Pump (RF15I) is necessary for the ice maker to function
- Model: RF15IDCS 15" Built-In Outdoor Ice Maker
- Brand: DCSRestarts automatically when ice needs replenished
- Creates 35 lbs. of clear ice a dayDCS Drain Pump RF15I is required
- Full Auto DefrostElectrical Requirements: 115VAC/60 Hz
- Use in outdoor temperatures 45 to 100°FShipping weight: 100 lbs
- Warranty: 1 year fullDimensions: 34.25" H x 14.88 W x 21.5" D