Scotsman 776 Lbs, 30" Modular - 220V
Scotsman 776 Lbs, 30" Modular - 220V
The Scotsman Prodigy 776 Lbs, 30" Modular Icemaker (C0630MA-32, C0630SA-32) uses significantly less energy and water than other cube ice machines, exceeding pending California and Federal energy efficiency regulations.
This sturdy, well-built unit makes up to 776 pounds of quality ice in a 24-hour period.
- Auto-Alert indicator lights constantly communicate about operating status and actually signal your staff when it’s time to descale, sanitize, and more—making upkeep practically foolproof
- The patented Water Sense adaptive purge control delivers maximum reliability by reducing scale buildup for a longer time between cleanings
- Preventative maintenance is simpler than ever with easily-removed panels allowing clear access to internal components and a diagnostic code display insuring the right fix the first time
- Reusable air filter is easily removable from the outside
- All external panel components are crafted for optimal aesthetic appeal through superior fit and finish
- An optional advanced feature Smart Board provides NAFEM data protocol and additional operational data that can be displayed on-screen or transmitted remotely, resulting in early alert and fast diagnosis of operating issues
- An optional Vari-Smart ultrasonic ice level control sensor allows you flexibility to program ice levels, for up to 7 days, keeping just the right amount of freshly made ice in the bin
Ice Maker Basics
Types of Ice
Ice can be divided into several different colors and shapes. For example, clear ice is a restaurant-quality gourmet ice whose impurities have been removed (as well as the "cloudy" appearance of regular ice). This ice is completely odorless and tasteless, and this helps to make clear ice makers more expensive.
Also found in a variety of shapes, ice can be formed into cubes, cylinders, crescents, and more. Cylindrical ice is rounded and often has an indentation in the top and a rounded out bottom. Crescent ice cubes are similar to those made in refrigerator ice makers: long with flat tops and round bottoms. At present, crushed ice cannot be made in family-sized ice machines, but only in commercial machines.
Portable Ice Makers
The biggest benefit of a portable ice maker is that it does not require a permanent water line. Instead, they plug into a standard outlet and water must be poured into them to keep them running. These portable units make ice very quickly, but since they are not freezers, they will not keep the ice frozen. When the ice melts, the machine will recycle the water to make more ice. If you need a ton of ice made, you will need to empty these units frequently, as they only hold a small fraction of their full ice-making capacity.
Built-In Ice Makers
Built-in ice makers require a permanent water line, and therefore should be installed by a professional plumber. Some of these units also need a drain line to easily drain residual water from the ice makers. Built-in ice makers can store much more ice than a portable unit, and they can also keep the ice frozen longer.
Some built-in ice makers can be used outdoors, but only those that specifically say so. Otherwise, they will not be able to keep the ice frozen in high-temperature environments like the outdoors. Some ice makers meet ADA standards to be easily used by the elderly and disabled. Some built-in ice makers can accept custom door panels to blend in with existing cabinetry, and their descriptions will specify whether or not this is the case.
Storage of Ice
Most ice makers have a greater production capacity than storage capacity, which means that you can only store a fraction of what ice makers produce in a small amount of time. Keep in mind the storage and production capacities when deciding on which ice maker to buy.
For further questions: send us an email at customerservice@LivingDirect.com or call us at 1.888.645.3402
Freight Line items will be delivered to the first ground floor exterior door available provided there are no stairs to ascend or descend. If you require inside delivery you will need to select the premium shipping option in checkout. To determine if the item is eligible for premium shipping please add it to your shopping cart and view the shipping options drop down box. Please contact our customer service department with any questions related to shipping at (800) 297-6076, M-F, 8am to 5pm CST.