Description & Highlights
Avallon 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner - Platinum and Slate Grey
The AV12KS is equipped with 12,000 BTUs of cooling power and can effectively cool a room up to 425 square feet in size. This compact, yet powerful portable air conditioner is perfect for cooling bedrooms or living spaces. The AV12KS doubles as an 80 pint dehumidifier, which removes excess humidity from the air, helping the space to feel even cooler and improving air quality.
How to Install
- Step 1: Place window kit plate into window opening.
- Step 2: Slide plate to cover the width of the opening.
- Step 3: Close window to hold plate in place.
- Step 4: Attach intake and exhaust hose to the unit.
- Step 5: Place the other end of both the intake and exhaust hose into the holes on the window plate.
* Please Note: The portable air conditioner shown in this video is to demonstrate installation only, it is not model AV12KS
To easily vent the portable air conditioner, the AV12KS includes a window kit that can conveniently be fitted in windows that are 32" - 56" in size. Window kits for portable air conditioners take up much less space than installing a window air conditioner, which means you don't have to worry about blocking the light or view from your window.
To reduce the frequency that the water tank must be manually emptied, the Invisimist System includes an internal pump, water line and misting nozzle that extracts water from the tank and mists it out the window vent.
Separate intake and exhaust hoses allow for more air intake, cooling power, and more stable air pressure, which contributes to a 40% faster cooling rate.
The unit will automatically adjust the fan speed and other settings to keep the area cool to the set temperature.
Built with an automatic drain system that is able to exhaust all liquid formed by condensation so that there is no need to manually drain the unit in most climates.
In this mode, the AV12KS will remove up to 56 pints of moisture per day from the air.
All of the settings on the unit can be conveniently controlled from across the room via the remote control.
- Power - Switches unit on/off.
- Mode - Cool, dehumidify and fan only mode.
- Fan - Sets the fan to high/medium/low.
- Up / Down - Increases temperature or time when timer is enabled. Decreases temperature or time when timer is enabled.
- Timer - Enables timer.
- LED Display - Shows indicators for fan speed, mode, temperature setting, clock, timer and Fahrenheit and Celsius settings.
Condensate is expelled from the unit through the hose, but in more humid climates where moisture is more prevalent, the excess moisture can be drained through the drain in the back of the unit.
For spaces where window air units are not allowed, portable air conditioners are a great alternative as they do not protrude from the outside, allowing them to comply with building codes and HOA’s.
As long as there is a place to vent the hot air and a standard electrical outlet available, portable air conditioners can be used wherever and whenever needed and easily moved or stored when not in use.
Instead of turning down your central A/C unit for that one room that is always a few degrees hotter than the rest, Portable ACs can be an efficient way to cool hot spots in your home without sacrificing your electricity bill.
Easy to connect and operate, portable air conditioners can be used wherever and whenever needed and easily moved or stored when not in use.
Provides 3 years of extended protection beyond the original warranty.
Upgrade your installation options with this large window and sliding door vent kit.
Vent your portable air conditioner through your drop ceiling with this ceiling vent kit.
Let the Avallon 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner (AV12KS) transform your space into a cool, dry, comfortable environment even in summer months. Able to cool down up to 425 sq. ft. of space without requiring permanent installation, this is the perfect unit for your home, office, or both. Mobility casters allow you to easily transport the unit to the area you need it most.
Unlike traditional models, this portable air conditioner features the exclusive InvisiMist Technology to ensure uninterrupted moisture removal in even the most humid of climates. When excess water accumulates in the unit's reservoir, the InvisiMist function will automatically begin working, first pumping the water from the reservoir through the connected vent hose and then transforming the water into a light mist before expelling it outside. This prevents your unit from suspending cooling due to a full reservoir; instead, you'll be able to enjoy continuous cooling and moisture removal.
Dual Hose Design:Separate intake and exhaust hoses allow for more air intake, more cooling power, and a more stable air pressure, which all contribute to a 40% faster cooling rate than similar single-hosed units
Intelligent Auto Mode:In Auto Mode, this portable air conditioner will automatically adapt fan speed and other settings to cool your area to your set temperature
Dehumidify Mode:Because warm air and moisture are typically associated, this unit has a powerful dehumidify mode that will remove up to 80 pints per day of moisture from your air
24 Hour Timer:Program the unit to follow your schedule by using the 24 hour timer function to set it to power on or off exactly when is convenient for you
Three (3) Fan Speeds:Alter fan speed and noise output by choosing between the three (3) different fan speed settings
Window Vent Kit Included:Everything you'll need to vent your portable air conditioner through the window arrives with the unit, including easy-to-follow instructions
Exhausts Moisture:Moisture is exhausted along with warm air through the connected vent hose, leaving your area cool and dry
Remote Control Included:Manage your unit's settings from anywhere in the room using the included remote control
From the Experts: Comparing Single & Dual Hose
- Model: AV12KSAvallon 12,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
- Brand: AvallonColor: platinum & slate grey
- Self evaporating technologyThree (3) fan speeds
- Dual hose designCoverage area: up to 425 sq. ft.
- 24 hour timerDehumidification capacity: 80 pints per day
- Electronic control panel w/ digital display10.8 amps
- Casters includedInput voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
- Remote control includedWeight: 68 lbs.
- Window kit: 32" min 56" maxDimensions: 29.2" H x 17.2" W x 15.1" D
- Warranty: 1 year parts & labor, 5 years compressor