Basement And Crawl Space Dehumidifiers
- Dehumidification: Removes 50 pints of moisture
- Removes moisture in an area up to 3,000 sq. ft.
- Recommended room size: 800 sq. ft.
- Weight: 36 lbs
- Dimensions: 23 1/8" H x 15 3/8 " W x 10 9/16" D
- Dehumidification: Removes 30 pints of moisture
- Recommended room size: 400 sq. ft.
- Removes moisture in an area up to 1,500 sq. ft.
- Weight: 29 lbs
- Dimensions: 19 7/8" H x 14 3/16" W x 9 13/16 " D
- Dehumidification: 50 pints/day
- Tank capacity: 5 liters
- Maximum coverage: 3,000 sq. ft.
- Weight: 39 lbs
- Dimensions: 23.63" H x 15.25" W x 11.13" D
Crawl Space & Basement Dehumidifiers: Stop Mold From Growing
Basement and crawl space dehumidifiers are powerful units designed to keep humidity in check in areas prone to dampness. If you store valuables in a basement, crawl space or another small area in your home, a crawlspace dehumidifier is a good investment for keeping them safe from moisture and mold. These units typically have more rugged exteriors as they are intended to be kept out of sight as well as stand up to colder temperatures and harsher indoor climates. Most are built with the capability of continuous drainage to keep you from having to empty the water reservoir. Whether the drain is a gravity drain or the unit has a built-in pump will vary from unit to unit.
Gravity drains require the hose to be directed towards a floor drain and only move water horizontally, while drains equipped with pumps can move water vertically from the unit. Depending on where you’ll be placing the unit and where the drain is located will determine what kind of drain you need. In addition, crawl space dehumidifiers can also be used in other rooms around the house to keep them from smelling musty or help with the symptoms of allergies.