Table of Contents The 5 Best Portable AC Units EdgeStar AP14001HS EdgeStar AP8000W Koldfront PAC1401W Koldfront PAC801W EdgeStar AP12000S Top 10 Portable AC Units (updated…
Server Room 14,000 BTU Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioner
Description & Highlights
EdgeStar Server Room 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner - Silver
The AP14009COM is equipped with 14,000 BTUs of cooling power and can effectively cool a room up to 525 square feet in size. One of the most powerful portable air conditioners, it is perfect for cooling commercial and residential spaces like overheated server rooms, computer rooms, large living spaces and kitchens.
How to Install
- Step 1: Place window kit plate into window opening.
- Step 2: Slide plate to cover the width of the opening.
- Step 3: Close window to hold plate in place.
- Step 4: Attach intake and exhaust hose to the unit.
- Step 5: Place the other end of both the intake and exhaust hose into the holes on the window plate.
* Please Note: The portable air conditioner shown in this video is to demonstrate installation only, it is not model AP14009COM.
To easily vent the portable air conditioner, the AP14009COM includes a window kit that can conveniently be fitted in windows that are 32" - 56" in size. Window kits for portable air conditioners take up much less space than installing a window air conditioner, which means you don't have to worry about blocking the light or view from your window.
Separate intake and exhaust hoses allow for more air intake, cooling power, and more stable air pressure, which contributes to a 40% faster cooling rate.
Three (3) Fan Speeds
Choose between high, medium, and low fan speeds to find the perfect setting for air output and noise.
The intelligent design auto restart function stores your selected settings so that in the event of a power failure the unit will restart just as before when the electricity comes back on.
A impressively high 11.2 EER, means the AP14001HS consumes significantly less energy than others in its class.
All of the settings on the unit can be conveniently controlled from across the room via the remote control.
- Power - Switches unit on/off.
- Mode - Cool, dehumidify and fan only mode.
- Fan - Sets the fan to high/medium/low.
- Up / Down - Increases temperature or time when timer is enabled. Decreases temperature or time when timer is enabled.
- Timer - Enables timer.
- LED Display - Shows indicators for fan speed, mode, temperature setting, clock, timer and Fahrenheit and Celsius settings.
Condensate is expelled from the unit through the hose, but in more humid climates where moisture is more prevalent, the excess moisture can be drained through the drain in the back of the unit.
For spaces where window air units are not allowed, portable air conditioners are a great alternative as they do not protrude from the outside, allowing them to comply with building codes and HOA’s.
As long as there is a place to vent the hot air and a standard electrical outlet available, portable air conditioners can be used wherever and whenever needed and easily moved or stored when not in use.
Instead of turning down your central A/C unit for that one room that is always a few degrees hotter than the rest, Portable ACs can be an efficient way to cool hot spots in your home without sacrificing your electricity bill.
Easy to connect and operate, portable air conditioners can be used wherever and whenever needed and easily moved or stored when not in use.
These activated carbon filters remove smoke and other odors from the air.
Upgrade your installation options with this large window and sliding door vent kit.
Vent your portable air conditioner through your drop ceiling with this ceiling vent kit.
Great for overheated server and computer rooms or larger spaces in need of powerful cooling, the EdgeStar Server Room 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner with Pump (AP14009COM) is one of the most powerful Portable ACs on the market. With an impressive 14,000 BTUs and a Dual Hose design, you can expect this unit to quickly and easily cool up to 525 sq. ft. of space.
Continuous Cooling:Due to the self-evaporative design and integrated drain pump, you can leave the unit running overnight without having to worry about emptying water condensate
Dual Hose Design:Separate intake and exhaust hoses allow for more air intake, more cooling power, and a more stable air pressure, which all contribute to a 40% faster cooling rate than similar single-hosed units (this unit can be used as a single hose unit, as well)
Energy Efficiency Ratio:This portable air conditioner has an impressively high 11.2 EER, meaning that it consumes significantly less energy than others in its class
Standby Mode:Despite producing high levels of cooling power, the highly-efficient control board enables it to have a low power usage rate when in standby mode-- When operational, it still only costs a little more than a dollar to run all day
Energy Saving Programmable Features:Cut costs by setting the unit to run only when you need it, and have it efficiently cool your space before you even get there using the 24 hour programmable timer-- The timer allows you to set the unit to cycle on automatically, or once it is on, you can set it to automatically turn off
Intelligent Auto Restart:This unit’s auto restart function stores your settings, so that in case of a power outage, it will pick right back up where it left off when power is regained
Three (3) Speed Fan:Find your perfect setting and control noise and air output by choosing a high, medium, or low fan setting
Easy-to-Use Window Kit:Venting your portable air conditioner is a simple three step process, and your purchase includes all the necessary materials-- Simply connect the vent hoses to the back of the unit, remove the caps from the window vent kit and connect it to the exhaust hoses (If using in a server room or office with no windows, we recommend using a drop ceiling vent kit, which is sold separately)
Eco-Friendly:Designed to be an environmentally friendly product, this portable air conditioner uses non ozone-depleting CFC-free refrigerants and is made of all RoHS compliant components that are free of harmful chemicals
Superior Reliability:Due to durable construction and design, this portable air conditioner is built to withstand light commercial use
Pump Included:Even if you live in an area of high humidity, condensate will be of no consequence due to this unit's integrated drain pump
Advance Replacement Warranty:Because of the important applications of this portable air conditioner, EdgeStar backs this unit with a 1 Year Advance Replacement Warranty-- this means that should your unit stop working, they will ship you a new unit immediately, allowing you to then use that packaging to ship back the non-working product
From the Experts: Comparing Single & Dual Hose
- Model: AP14009COMWarranty: 1 year advance replacement
- Brand: EdgeStarEdgeStar Server Cool 14,000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner w/ Pump
- Integrated drain pumpAuto-restart function
- Cools rooms from 100-525 sq. ft.Direct drain option
- Patented auto-drain system24 hour programmable timer
- Exhausts most or all condensate automaticallyWashable pre filter
- Fully functional remote controlOne (1) replaceable carbon filter included
- Temperatures: 61 - 89°FEasy grip handles
- Three (3) speed fanCasters for mobility
- Directional air louversEER: 11.2
- RoHS compliantNoise level: 51 dB (low), 52 dB (high)
- Dehumidification: up to 86 pints/dayInput voltage: 115 V/60 Hz
- Window kit: 32" min 56" maxPower: 1250 W/10.8 A
- 49" extendable exhaust hose includedWeight: 77 lbs.
- Single/dual hose convertibleDimensions: 32.7" H x 20.1" W x 16.75" D
- Height: 32.7"
- Width: 20.1"
- Depth: 16.75"